Sunday, October 03, 2010

Decompress

Every now and then someone will organize a night out for all of the ER staff. Usually they just pick a bar and a time and people just show up. I have always had to work or had something I couldn't get out of. This time though I was OFF! So I rounded up my little sister to be my DD (see, I practice what I preach!) and away we went.

Its always interesting to see the people you work with 1) out of scrubs and 2) in a more social setting. I guess you never know what to expect. There were attendings, residents, nurses, paramedics, pharmacy and clerks. A few of the ambulance people showed as well. My poor sister didn't know a soul walking in, but I think she had a whole new group of friends on the way out! I drank, played pool badly and took lots of fun cheesy pictures. All in all it was a really great night. I think my sister said it best when she said "If these are the people who are going to take care of me if I have a big accident, I don't know whether to be worried or not."

well said sista pants!

ps: heffeweisen= good
      apple beer= good
      black currant beer= not so good
      something called duvels=FUCKING GROSS!  (theres a picture of me making the not happy beer face somewhere!!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger battynurse said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. It's been a long time since I've done something like that. Hell, I think it's been since nursing school. Yikes. Maybe I need to get out more.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home