Sunday, May 30, 2010

Time to Vacate

Its that time again. Time for the Jeepgirl to run for the damn hills (the beach in my case). If there was ever a time where I needed to get away, its now. The big D is almost final, work is as stressful as ever and I'm still trying to make this whole thing work on my own.

So here it is, 330am, the day I am supposed to leave. I'm almost packed, almost done cleaning and almost ready to go pay the water bill which is overdue. I have also managed to be exposed AGAIN to both Group A Strep and TB. Just what I want before vacation. The mold at the rescue squad has gotten me sick, and I have (apparently) been bordering on dehydration for the last couple days. Yes, its time to go. Maddux is packed and ready while I am convinced that I'm going to forget something.

My solution to the stress? The Holiday on DVD, swigging cough syrup from the bottle and venting non-medical BS on here just to quiet my crazy mind. I know I'm happy. I'm happy in a situation that very few could be happy in. I like the direction my life is going.... but I don't always love the road I'm on. I see my friends living their lives and I wonder if mine is anywhere near as exciting or busy as that. Am I crazy? Maybe. I'm kind of ok with that right now.

The jeep leaves at 9am-ish. The -ish depends on me getting packed and hitting the bookstore when it opens. Maddux and I will have the beach house to ourselves for a couple hours before the rest of the family arrives. Peace and quiet, sun and sand, here I come.

3 Comments:

Blogger battynurse said...

Sounds wonderful. I hope you have a great time.

5:34 PM  
Blogger MOJITOGIRL said...

Have a great time, nothing like a little ocean therapy to soothe the spirit.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous aries said...

vacation is always nice to lighten our spirit :)
http://www.nclexpinoy.com

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home