Wednesday, July 01, 2009

In The End

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
Some days you just remember. Not because the day itself was special or memorable, but you just know who you were with and what you did. Exactly 1 year ago today I was working at the flight job. My base manager was my partner and Baby had some required maintenance due so we were down for the morning. We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and did some errand running. I got my 30 something driver's license and he picked up his military dress uniform. We did a cath lab flight that day and I sat on the skids on a perfectly clear night and recognized how fortunate I really was to be doing what I loved.
1 year later I must say that memory has become bittersweet. I wondered then where I would go from here and that (unfortunately) has not changed. Where do you go once you have lived your dream, if only for a brief time? Everything else (including the ER) seems a bit dull in comparison.
So in memory of that great night 1 year ago I will take a moment, remember how happy I once was and (hopefully) ponder again where I go from here.
PS: The interns are here.... everyone be careful!

4 Comments:

Blogger Surgeon In My Dreams said...

You'll have another dream. It might even sneak up on your and surprise you.

Hang in there.

BTW...I only recently found your blog and I so enjoy it.

4:39 PM  
Blogger One Nurse said...

Some dreams are bittersweet that is true. But I agree with previous comment, you will have another dream. Just don't ever let yourself get stagnant where you are. Keep moving and climbing and you will continue to be happy!

6:07 PM  
Blogger LindseyB said...

I found your blog through the RealityRN site.... love it! I also work ED, nights.. not in a trauma facility though. We do share some of the same struggles.

10:55 PM  
Blogger battynurse said...

Hope you get to go back there someday soon.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home