Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Baby Hell

Still no flight jobs available. I missed one of the postings which thoroughly pissed me off. Now is just a hurry up and wait situation. Working on staying on top of my alphabets and looking into RN-BSN programs. I started one at my hospital but stopped after I got hired to fly. To be honest, I fucking hated it. I was never one for the classroom anyway. If you want me to explain how a head bleed or stemi happens then give me a patient, an EKG or a CT scan. I'm your go-to-girl. Don't care about the aura around patients or the "healing power of music." (one of the girls in my class seriously did a research paper on that.... mine was on family presence during non-traumatic resuscitation)

So this semester the gods have blessed me with a nursing student of my very own. I haven't met him yet, but I have already heard good things. The only downfall is that there seems to be more of a focus on the paperwork and less on the actual experience itself. I am super excited to have a student.... but I think I'm going to need hazard pay for the paperwork!

In the meantime I have been picking up overtime left and right. I have a new AC unit to pay off, big ass tires on the jeep and (oh yeah) a house to refinance. Second job anyone? I applied hourly in the pedes ER. The nurse manager precepted me as an extern 11 years ago (?!?) and we get along great. I gave her a heads up via email and was responded with "BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS FANTASTIC   will give you a call next week.... with your start date."   So much for an interview! So it looks like I will be cutting my teeth in the pedes ER, aka "baby hell." ER, Pedes ER, ICU and flight experience should make me marketable as hell, don't ya think?

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your blog while searching for RN-BSN programs a few days ago. I became addicted. LOL. I'm still one of the new nurses trying to find my ass from a hole in the ground, but slowly getting there. Your writing is fantastic and I have lol'd so much at some of the crazy things you talk about that I have seen so many times already! You do a great job and I really appreciate being able to ready your work! Good luck finding a flight job.

1:23 AM  
Anonymous phoenix self storage said...

That is how magical the human brain is. It can turn you into something that is not you at all.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for another essential article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing? I have a presentation incoming week, and I am on the lookout for such information.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Night Nursing said...

I hope that the flightnurse thing has worked out by now. It seems like a much more interesting day of work to me.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Nurse and Hospital Stories said...

"ER, Pedes ER, ICU and flight experience should make me marketable as hell, don't ya think?"

haha. They will make you marketable, miserable and tired. But they are great experiences if you are the person who can look for something good on a thing that seemed so bad.:)

Cheers,
Peny@Reasons Why Nurses Should Limit their Coffee Intake

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Scrubs said...

Hopefully you have found a flight job by now, but if not, hopefully peds is going well for you!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Glen Coco said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please come back! I'm scared that you've been kidnapped by Dr. Rock, or Lurch... or worse! (Could there be anything worse?!) You've left me on a cliffhanger... did you get a flight nurse job? Did you re-locate with your other half? Spend time in the Keys? How is Maddox? And Jimmy Buffet?

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

visite meu blog e vire um seguidor www.linksparafacebook.blogspot.com

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

visite meu blog e vire um seguidor www.linksparafacebook.blogspot.com

2:59 PM  
Anonymous traditional handwork sarees said...

I dont know how talking about alignments and tar gets me to be more endearing..but I'll take the word of a fan.:) I read your blog in a hurry..need to in more detail. I am speechless. You are too much I say

2:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! Making a visit to your blog. Cheers and congratulations for your channel.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

I really hate when I find a great nursing blog and they disappear. I read the entire blog over the last week, and I read a few. I have to say that your empathy towards your truly sick patients is heartening. I read so much of pure nurse burnout, where clean warm and dry and maybe a little music is just too much to offer. I like the nursing stuff but also love your normal human life stuff. I had to reread 6 months of blog to figure out you were divorcing the cop! I hop you are happy now and flying somewhere. I hope you come back soon. I will keep this in favorites and wait.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous hollister milano said...

welcome to our shop,our shop website is http://www.hollisters.it/

9:55 PM  
Blogger cmhnik said...

Stumbled upon your blog and am enjoying the hell out of it. I think it is safe to say that no matter what your profession was, I'd read this blog. Funny as hell and well written. Dig it.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Pakistani Dresses said...

You described it very beautiful. your writing style grabbed my intentions,would love to read more about it… 

11:40 AM  
Anonymous shalwar kameez said...

Thanks for sharing such a fastidious opinion, paragraph is fastidious, thats why i have read it entirely

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home