Friday, July 22, 2011

July Effect

I have never been this long without posting... ever. I half expected this thing to be gone when I got back. Drama on the home front has kept me away. Work is what it always has been. Will give the highlights sometime. I am going to continue to try to keep this a little more up to date. I think I need the time to clear my thoughts and bring myself back to center again.

For the record: Last shift 2 of our Police officers were spit on by a psych patient. (who had the courtesy to yell "I have Hep C" just before he did it). I had 2 city medics forcibly restrain some son of a bitch who said he was going to bash my skull in. (said SOB is a frequent flier from the bus station who was being seen for "malaria and bee sting") and another adorable 21 year old came in naked, strapped down and under arrest for spitting in the EMS provider's face. Let it also be said that he only had 1 brownie from that strange dude which probably contained the 'shrooms, exstacy and booze that caused him to act like that. He was a little more subdued when the magistrate walked in and then he walked out in police custody.

I also had the surgery intern tell me that my attending couldn't put the chest tube in a lung cancer patient with a tension until her chief got down. To which my attending told her to "get out of my department." God I love an attending with balls that isn't afraid to use them in July. Yes, it is july. There is even an article on the wall of our breakroom that outlines the "July Effect."

July Effect


I think that about covers it.

1 Comments:

Blogger battynurse said...

I've noticed the increase in stupid ass questions and orders etc. Not to mention the peds resident who introduced himself 4 times in one night. At least he is willing to listen to suggestions though.

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home