Thursday, March 07, 2013

Little Nurse Lost

Years have gone by... my fault I know. Not sure why I decided to pick this up again. Maybe because there was something missing in my day to day life. Maybe I need the outlet to sleep well again. Maybe I just missed the opportunity to just vent to the stratosphere.

I am unfortunately, still planted with feet firmly in the ground. Several flight interviews down, still no job. Working full time at MECCA as charge, trauma, triage, pedes (yup, still baby hell) and orienting a new grad to boot. The hospital has expressly forbidden any social media mention (following a less than delicate post about a fucktarded surgery resident about 6 months ago). Fortunately I had luck and the truth on my side... he really is a fucktard, so I came out with barely a slap on the wrist.

Personally..... divorced the cop. Things got bad, then worse, slightly better then in the toilet. Best decision by far. As is always my advice to others... go with your gut and you will never be wrong, Have remarried and now am the step-mom to 3 (yes count 'em) THREE crazy little boys who I love dearly. Unfortunately, I also recieved a slighly neurotic MIL and a biological mom who deserves to be in jail... more on that later I'm sure,

So as of now I am in the pedes ED, No patients. Sitting squarely between the cute new attending who is listening to classical music on her computer and the middle age pre-op tranny clerk who keeps blasting Rihanna and making overtly loud comments. What can I say? Its home.

Dr Rock is back in the area... GOD HELP US and has decided that he is a transplant surgeon now, (I say it again,,,, GOD HELP US) Lurch has made the transition from pain in my ass to hospital level administration. Which means he is even more of a pain in the ass, I'm back in school for my BSN (online.... )where I can work at 5am with a beer in my pajamas and the Christian university that MECCA is paying has no idea. Trying to decide if acute care NP or family is what I want to do.

As the tranny says.... patient out front. Time to do some work!

3 Comments:

Blogger BubbleGirl said...

Welcome back to blogging!

Congrats on your new family!

I'm looking forward to reading your posts again.

10:24 AM  
Blogger battynurse said...

Good to hear from you again and congrats on all the changes. Good luck with the BSN, I keep thinking I need to but since I don't know where I want to take it, I lack focus.

7:37 PM  
Blogger mir3092@hotmail.com said...

glad you are back!!! keep the posts coming

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home