Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Work

'Hi my name is Jeepgirl and I'm a workaholic...'
HI JEEPGIRL!!!

So its 6 in the fucking morning and I'm awake (no surprise) but I am getting ready to GO to work, instead of shuffling through the last hour in the ICU and going the hell home. I must say, no offense to you daytime people, but working days SUCKS. Traffic sucks, tooo many bad drivers on the road, fighting over salaried pieces of shit for my coffee and smiling like it doesn't bother me.

I have been working so much lately that K and the rest of the ER freaks have been unable to organize my shower/bachelorette party. I would much rather hang at home, drink good wine by the fire pit with people I actually like.

I have class all day today, thats why I'm up at at 'em at the ass crack of dawn. The 'GODS' of the ICU have decided that the "new" nurses need an all day class on all things neuroICU. Ummm.... so I get to sit in class all day with Lurch and a bunch of new grads. You've got to be shitting me. Can I bring my IPOD? this would have been nice either 5 years ago when I started as a nurse, or 8 months ago when I started in the ICU. Now its just silly. Thanks to Wil at Paradise Driver I now have a very clear picture of what I don't want to be when I grow up! Maybe I'll just do butt flexes in the chair as I pretend to pay attention.

I'd better go finish getting ready. For a profession that allows us to wear pj's (scrubs) to work I think its retarded that I have to get dressed up for a class. Bastards!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paradise Driver said...

re your comment on my blog:

You had better send me some wedding pics! You can either use the e-mail link there or drop me an e-mail and I'll send you my other, personal, addy.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home