Saturday, September 22, 2007

Old McDonald

Old MacDonald had a dairy farm and got caught in the manure auger. He was trapped there for over 4 hours before his farm assistant found him. I am VERY glad I wasn't in the helicopter with him, the smell had to be unbelievable.

Mr McDonald had a skull fracture, neck fracture with paralysis and huge injury to his shoulder. He has a wonderful family and 3 kids. He will be my new "project" in the ICU for a while. I know the the trauma surgery ICU nurses originally admitted him. They were responsible for scraping all of the manure off and OUT of this poor soul. When they washed his skull fracture out they found hair, blood AND manure in and on his brain. Ewwwww!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger battynurse said...

I can't even imagine the possible infectious issues for that one. Poor guy. How awful.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi,

Love your blog.

My name is Melissa Parks, editorial director for RealityRN--a blog and content site devoted to the issues new nurses face (i.e., dealing with degrading doctors; coping with stress; managing difficult patients, etc).

Take a look at our blog: RealityRN.com. We added you to our list of blogs you gotta check out.

Would you add us to yours? Thanks for your consideration.

1:12 PM  
Blogger EE said...

Yuck, poor guy...poor guy's family...

I put you on my blogroll.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poor man. I hope he is able to recover from his brain injury. But its the risk from infection that will be the real problem. How is that going?

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home