Monday, August 20, 2007

Back Home

It's been a while since I've written from the dimly lit confines of the trauma room. Here I am again, and its peaceful finally. The last three days have reminded me just how much I do love working in the ER. I have been in charge, run codes, played with vents, gone to the OR 4 times. Its a beautiful thing. No cracked chests, but no night is perfect.

The cop and I have been presented with an unusual decision. One of the special forces medics that trains here is also a Key West Police officer. He knows the ins and outs of actually living in the Keys and has offered to help point us in the right direction if we decide to move. I love it here, but something feels right about this. I know that you are not given very many opportunities to make this kind of change in your life, and I want to make the right decision. Is the risk worth it? What if I get a flight job here? Then what happens?

I don't want to be stuck in a rut, and I feel like this place is THE rut. I just home the right decision presents itself.... 'cause I know it won't be an easy one.

1 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I have a fellow coworker moving to Florida soon, and its been a huge pain for her to get a nursing license there. Not impossible, but very, very involved. Good luck!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home