Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Mollywhopping and the rusty trombone

An update on Farmer McDonald. We got him extubated and he is doing GREAT! Nice guy, nice family. Still on so many antibiotics that he has the terminal shits (but we make a tube for that!). His first question when he got extubated was "Did Tech beat William & Mary?" Priceless......

Have been doing some time in the ED to make extra $$$. The cop and I leave for Vegas in a couple of weeks. Whoops.... the cop is no longer a cop.... he is a detective (a dick). When he told be he got the promotion I laughed.... Honey, you were always a dick to me!!! :)

Weird shit in the ED..... had a guy having a big ol heart attack, but something wasn't right on the EKG. It looked like he was having a left sided attack.... but the drugs weren't working the way they should. The reason? He had dextracardia..... the heard was completely backwards in his chest. So the left-sided heart attack was actually a right sided. I also got to make the special forces medics gag, Lady was on the "fluffy" side.... ok, she was a heffer. 400lbs easy and she got a boatload of lasix to make her pee. It was my... pleasure... to put her foley in. It was a group project that required two guys on each leg and me in the bed with the patient. When I got the rolls separated the smell hit. There are no words for the smell. But watching big tough special forces guys gag and retch was funny as shit!
One of the officers that the cop works with was in an accident (off-duty) yesterday. He was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected. He has a big head injury and is in my ICU. I have met him before.... I know he is not doing well at all. It is weird because I feel like the guys are looking for me for answers that I just don't have. I will not be this officer's nurse due to (obvious) conflict of interest. I can't help but worry though. This guy can survive the damn ghetto-ass streets, but is possibly going to die because of a freaking accident?? That bothers me.
PS we had some pretty... colorful conversations in the ICU this weekend. The title of this post is two terms that I was enlightened to. I don't remember laughing so hard in a long time!

1 Comments:

Blogger battynurse said...

I like the "we make a tube for that". Isn't it amazing what they do make tubes for. Glad that farmer McDonald is doing better.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home