Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Next 30 Years

"I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years "
My goal when I graduated nursing school was to be a flight nurse by the time I turned 30. I started as a new grad in a Level 1 ED, the first new grad they hired in over 20 years. I switched to the ICU when I really didn't want to, just because I knew I HAD to. Our base sits on the water, so last night I sat on the skids, looked over at the water and thought about just how lucky I am that I achieved my goal. Its hard to know where to go from here (as the song says), but I know I'm happy.
So today I am doing a spa day.... seaweed, mud, massage... the works. We're doing dinner at my favorite restaurant and then a movie. It looks like a good day to me!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

And a milestone one at that. Looked back to see what you were doing last year. At least no migraine this time around.

You were hoping and wishing for the flight job and now a year later you've got it.

Way to go girl!!

11:21 AM  
Blogger MOJITOGIRL said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

You've moved mountains one goal at a time.

Now sit back and enjoy the view for a bit!

Indulge and enjoy your day!

7:41 AM  
Blogger battynurse said...

Happy birthday and good for you for making your goal.

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home