Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Exit Strategy

I've heard it said that I lady always knows the appropriate time to make her exit. But how do you really know? Its like playing cards... you always risk the hand of a lifetime being dealt after you walk away. Welcome to my dilemma. Things with the flight job have actually gotten worse rather than better. I keep getting calls from all over the state for shifts that I can't work (usually I'm working at the hospital). However my last 2 paychecks have been completely screwed up. The have switched me to an Arizona employee (WTF?), which means I get to pay AZ withholding, my last check was to be 48 hours and instead it was 21. My hourly rate was completely wrong, which amounted to a difference of a couple hundred bucks, PLUS even though I no longer have benefits through said flight company... they continue to deduct them. I have emailed my supervisor several times and have gotten no response. I even asked what was going to become of me after the first of the year... and zilch. This is BULLSHIT. I bet if I sent in an ammended mileage sheet with my travel calculated from AZ to the east coast they would get it straight pretty fast!

My gut is telling me to get the money straight and then go. As much as I want to fly, this is ridiculous. I don't even want to pick up more shifts due to the amount of crap there is to deal with. So, when does the lady make her exit?

2 Comments:

Blogger GingerJar said...

Make sure you file an Arizona tax form...or the amended form or whatever it is called. I don't work or live in Louisana, but paid tax there on lottery winnings...found out later that I could file an admended statement for Louisinana and got my tax money back, because I don't actually live there and am not required to pay Louisana tax. Just a suggestion...as it seems like they are trying to screw you here.

1:22 PM  
Blogger The Knockout Diver said...

I've been reading your blog for a long time now. It's amazing how you stumble on something and then get hooked on it. I say bail. I'm from Texas and we are in need of flight nurses. Don't know what the cop will say about your little coup but it's important to you to get your ducks in a row. If you feel like you belong in the air, then get back on it, don't settle. You wrote a blog a while ago about how you were so proud that you made it to flying at the age you did, don't let something hold you back.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home