Monday, April 20, 2009

Missing the Penguin




Am starting to apply for flight jobs again. With the economy the way it is, I know that they will be few and far between. I'm not counting on anything nearby. I doubt I will ever find another helicopter base that is 20 minutes from my house. So I've applied and we will see if I get a call back.
One of the bitchy nurses from the ER applied to a program as well. She wants to do fixed-wing and its way the HELL out west somewhere. Bon chance and Bon voyage as far as I am concerned. Smart girl, but I won't miss the attitude.
I miss flying every day. The sounds, the smells that feeling when the pilot is getting ready to pull pitch and TA-DAA you're outta there. When the cop drives I still think "clear right" in my head at turns. I opened the trunk of my car today and found my pillow and comforter from the base as well as my helmet wrapped in the comforter. It still has the crazy penguin sticker on the back (like the one above) and you can see where I used to fiddle with the chin strap. I had another sticker I bought for it too and never got a chance to put on there.
So we will see what comes next. The easy road is never the best one, and the rocky road builds character. I think I'm turning into one of the Madagascar penguins now. (I'm the short one in the middle)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Keith said...

"Cute and cuddly, boys. Cute and cuddly."

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home