Saturday, April 04, 2009

Woody Woodpecker Eat Your Heart Out

Am still stewing over the court stuff. The attorney didn't even talk to me before the case so he didn't mention that the bitch was drunk (.32 anyone?). The judge ruled that there was no evidence to suggest that she was anything but lucid and had the right to pull her IV's, run like hell and strike out "in her own defense." Ugh..I think I want to puke. But as some people much smarter than I have said... what goes around comes around. God I hope so!


Walking the Green Mile last night. Some interesting commentary there. Guy got popped in the eye by a brother in law and was transferred halfway across the damn state to my room. By that time his eye looked something like this

So we got to do an emergent lateral canthotomy. Essentially cutting the canthus (outer corner) of the eye and down into the space to cut the ligament and attempt to free the optic nerve from a HUGE amount of blood that was pressing on it. It was pretty fucking cool, but I doubt the sight will be saved.

We also had a chick come in via EMS with the chief complaint "I have a woodpecker in my ass and it keeps poking me."What do you actually say to that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous keithbartlett88@gmail.com said...

I am just curious what UMC are you working at? It must be crazy huge! I work at a small ER with 23 beds (and I thought this was pretty big).

11:52 PM  
Blogger GingerJar said...

Woody Woodpecker huh. Probably another emergent hemmorhoid.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home