Friday, January 30, 2009

Follow-Up

A little follow-up on my folks from a couple of weeks ago. I did all of the occurrence paperwork, emailed our nurse manager and clinician and met with the nurse manager as well. Obviously, I am in the clear as I was the one busting ass to get things the way they needed to be. The nurse I got signout from is going to be "educated" in the way things are supposed to run. I think he might have to do additional time in one of the ICU's so he understands what critical care is supposed to be (and maybe what a sick patient looks like?!?!) Risk management is also getting involved and I have to be interviewed by one of the big shots about what happened from my perspective.

2 Comments:

Blogger GingerJar said...

Good. I hate it when sloppy nursing is overlooked as "too busy" or "they were swamped". We are all suppose to be looking out for our patient's. Period. You go girl!!!!!!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time reading your blogs. I am also a "night shifter"--we are a strange breed--but we know what is right! I just started back into hospital nursing a little over a year ago--interesting and soo much more to know than when I was in a hosp. setting years ago. good luck and keep on keeping on-(sorry showing my age!)

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home