Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dear God...

I understand that there is a reason behind everything you do. I can't begin to understand the grand plan or meaning behind it all. I guess my role is to keep faith and roll with the punches. I have tried to give more than I take and make my time here worthwhile. The last 18 months have been challenging to say the least. My professional, personal and family life have hung in the balance at some point or another. I hope that I have used these opportunities to grow and make myself a better person. So now, after ANOTHER sleepless night, this time worrying about my mom (who was taken to the hospital as I flew back from my trip)  I ask.... can I get a freakin break?

Thank you
Amen



The trip itself was incredibly relaxing. Jamaica is infinately sad and beautiful at the same time. So much poverty amid all that green water and blue sky. I had champagne with breakfast every morning and something called a Dirty Banana from the beach bar (or swim up bar) any other time I needed it. It rained every day... I didn't care. Got a ton of sun, ate great food and swam in the ocean every day. What can I say.... it was fabulous.

Called in tonight so I could spend more time with mom (and getting moms house together so she wouldn't have to). Back to the grind tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger battynurse said...

Hope your mom is ok and that going back to work isn't too bad.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Nurse Stella said...

Prayers offered for your Mom's recovery. You are a good daughter and an awesome nurse.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home