Monday, September 11, 2006

Where Were You?



I heard the asked many times at work last night... Here is mine.....


I had rescue squad duty 9-10-01. Got off at 7am and was at home watching the Today show, getting ready for clinicals that night. I watched the confusion about the first plane and the Pentagon. I watched the second plane hit. It was surreal. My home is driving distance from the Pentagon and friends have family who work there.

I did clinicals at the Trauma Center that afternoon/evening. I was in the STICU (surgery trauma) and the burn unit. The whole hospital was "on hold" anticipating getting patients from the Pentagon. It was so beautiful here that day... blue skies. Blue like they didn't know something had happened that was going to change everything.

I'll talk about my night in the ICU later. Today is not the day. I would love to here from you guys out there. Where were you?



For FF Smagala NYFD My art teacher's brother.

1 Comments:

Blogger jeepgirl said...

No worries.... you give me goosebumps. I don't watch the movies either. Just not there yet.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home