Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Brain

Does a brain smell? I know thats a weird question, but we talk about strange things at work. I was helping with the city's soon-to-be next homicide victim and this was the topic of conversation. Dude-man was minding his business (of course) and got popped in the back of the head with an exit smack in the middle of his forehead. Through and through to the head, the pressure builds up and the brain can actually squirt out. When I mentioned that it looked like a big zit popping, the doctor had to stop for 5 minutes he was laughing so hard. He was actually packing the hole in the head in order to put a catheter in the brain and measure the pressure (normal is less than 20, his was 90). After the brain squirted, there was a really foul smell. Thats where the question came from.

Ahhhhhh..... the beauty of the ICU.Laughing has been good these days. Most people have figured out that I am from VA. I was actually accepted to Tech, and almost went there. They don't have a nursing program, so who knows where I would be if I was a true Hokie. I am marrying into the Hokie Nation and I must mention that I know VT will be ok. The students, faculty, alumni and people of Blacksburg and VA as a whole LOVE that school. The cop has tried to explain it, but until you are there and see it yourself, you cannot grasp what an amazing place Tech is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWLED98fEek


And if that doesn't cover it, here's another video (ok, I'm a nurse, not a computer geek) so please check them both out! I tried to have the videos on here, but I'm just not that computer savvy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1EW5z1wdc




If you are a Virginian and a member of the Hokie Nation, then this is a very hard time. I know some people who read this blog are far far away. Please keep them all in your prayers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home