Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another Birthday

I technically turned 29 on July 2. I wish I could say it was a great day..... but I had been nursing a migraine for 2 days. Monday was just miserable. I went to lunch and a movie with the cop, then I went to bed. It was not my best day. So we decided to change my birthday this year. We celebrated on July 4. I spent the day in the yard with my mom working on flower beds and cutting tree limbs. Maddux spent the day playing in the new sprinkler. (I have some pictures that I will post later.....)Then we had a little cookout on the porch. Much better than Monday!

It seems that my $300.00 CCRN certification has paid off. I have contacted 2 flight programs and have heard back from both. DC is "not sure" if ER counts as critical care, but I have emailed the chief flight nurse (and have a friend flying with him today)and we will see what happens. The other is in NC... which would be one hell of a commute.

I am still off.... and will be for another week. (hell yes!) Trying to decide what household monstrosity to tackle next.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Did you ever let you kitty out of it's prison?

Happy, belated, B'Day.

If you get the NC position, just have them fly you to and from work.

;)

12:37 PM  
Blogger JLeonard said...

Greetings jeepgirl, IM currently doing a travel job in New Mexico. It was a break from the Trauma Center in Memphis,TN (www.THE-MED.ORG). Ran across your blog playing on the computer at work. Needless to say I loved every word I read. Made me homesick for the blood and gore of trauma. Thanks a bunch. Good luck on the flight job. Jim

5:11 AM  
Blogger Circles said...

I just came acroos your blog and enjoyed. Hope you get the flight thing.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home