Friday, November 27, 2009

Gobble Gobble Gobble

There are days where I know my family puts the fucked up in dysfunctional (hey... it works when I spell it!). Some days the drama of being married to a cop proves difficult. There are hard decisions and sometimes feelings get hurt. What can you say? It's not personal... some people don't see integrity as worthwhile until its questioned.... I, on the other hand, beg to differ. Without getting into details... I won't have any problems sleeping over this decision.


So the trauma room was just what I needed last night. Stocked and ready to rock. The ER was dead... just a couple of drug seekers and a little bit of bullshit on the side. Had a rollover with an open fracture to the leg. Nice guy, sober, appreciative of all of his care. Ate with the ER family.... I stopped feeling sorry for staff that works night shift on Thanksgiving... we have the BEST leftovers! Had a super huge spread with some of the greatest people I could work with. What a family!!!

Ended my night with a "found down" in the rain. He was out at least 4 hours and had a core temp of 83. We decided he needed to be tubed.... no SOCM medics or lower type peons around. I asked and they said yes! Got the tube on the first shot... save a little green vomit it was easy as hell! His lactate was nearly 20 and his pH was 7.0.... poor sick guy. I hope he enjoyed his turkey today.

3 Comments:

Blogger MOJITOGIRL said...

I feel your pain. When we choose a stressful job rather than deal with the drama at home, it works for us! I've been having those days all month. Hopefully, things are easing up on the homefront soon. Either that or we cringe in a corner in a fetal position, lost to the world. Naaaa....scratch that! We go to WORK!!

Glad you had a decent Thanksgiving. We too have some kickass chefs on staff. Our own Paula Dean cooked up a storm and we'll be talking about that meal for awhile! And to top it off we wake up to breezy and cool conditions in the Keys! 62 degrees and sunny outside! a little bit of heaven!

9:38 AM  
Blogger jody said...

Got to admire you! The stories are really interesting but I could never do your job!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home