Monday, February 15, 2010

Petri Dish

As a new grad in the ED I got sick as crap before my health insurance even kicked in. I was living at my grandparents, running a holy shit temp and just waiting for July 1. When the doc looked at my throat she said "Have you seen this?" Never a good sign. The first 6 months were awful. Every bug that came through I caught. There was no way to build PTO, I was using it as fast as I could accumulate it. In the years since I have gotten my flu shot every year and built up one hell of a tolerance. I am (I'm sure) harboring every bug from Acetobacter to Yersinia with a touch of everything in between. I warn people that I date to take their vitamins and get ready for a rough cold/flu season. Most times I'm right.

Unfortunately, I have encountered a new strain. Its the Medic-Mutated-Creepin-Crud. I'm hacking and wheezing, freezing my ass off and aching all over. Fuckin medics!!! :)  They can at least give me this crap on a day other than my day off!

On the horizon... formal gala to raise money for the trauma department. I'm getting some kind of award. Black tie, fancy schmancy. Should be very interesting!

4 Comments:

Blogger battynurse said...

Don't you just freaking hate it when you're sick on your day off. Or even worse on a stretch of several days off. Hope you're feeling better soon and congrats on the award.

8:41 PM  
Blogger jody said...

Ugh on being exposed to everything under the sun! But Congrats!! on the award!

11:29 AM  
Blogger MOJITOGIRL said...

beware the creeping crud.....it lingers........long time!! But hey, happy to hear about the reward! Dress up and enjoy! You deserve it!

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Philippine Prudential said...

Congratulations for the award..

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home