Wednesday, November 14, 2007

OWLS

I got together with some girls last night. They have a group called OWL (Officer's Wives League). Its made up of area police officer's wives. We got together and hung out talking about girl stuff and husband stuff. Just having some wine and laughing. The serious stuff was about trying to establish this group as a fixture in the area with ALL of the departments. They provide support to the families of officers (the cop's friend's wife for example) and work to make sure that the bullshit is kept to a minimum. Currently, there is rumor of a spouse's academy in Feb and they hope to have some input as to what needs to be covered. It was really nice to see that my worries are not just mine. There is a commonality that is outside my normal (nursing) social group.

Go my financial numbers from the flight people yesterday. Its definitely a lot more than I am making now... and we work an automatic 8 hours of overtime a week. My new base manager wants to get all of the new base peeps together next week for dinner so we can all get to know each other. Our families are invited as well. I hope the cop is able to go (he works evenings next week). I still don't feel like this has all sunk in.... maybe at dinner it will, or maybe when I leave for Phoenix.

I'm in the ER tonight.... thank GOD!!!!!! So 7 more shifts in the ICU. This is WAY past any spring fever that I have ever had.

2 Comments:

Blogger NocturnalRN said...

How cool will it be when you get to start working. Wonder what your first trauma will be? You MUST continue to blog!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with nocturnalRn, you have to keep blogging, I have always been interested in flight nursing, it will be great read about it! I am also an RN and I have recently become addicted to reading other RNs blogs, yours is great.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home