Friday, November 09, 2007

Secret

So I have been keeping a pretty big secret. (NO, NOT PREGGERS) There is a new helicopter program being started not far from my house. I applied last week and heard back on Monday, interviewed yesterday. The interview went GREAT! I told the cop afterwards that I kicked the crap outta that interview.
Soo..... I got a phone call this morning and was offered the position as a flight nurse!!!!!
WHOO-HOOOOO!!!!
I know that it hasn't sunk in yet. I still can't even think of what to say other than thank you. The base manager told me that I gave an incredible interview and that I was exactly what they were looking for. So... I leave for critical care academy in Phoenix in 3 weeks! I emailed my nurse manager and let her know what was going on. I expected to have her all pissed off, but she was very nice and offered to let me stay hourly. I might.. will have to think about it. Am going to stay in the ER though!

7 Comments:

Blogger Paradise Driver said...

That is fantastic.!!

When do you go to Phoenix?

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I've been following your blog for about a year, and have seen how much you wanted this! Way to go!!!!

5:26 AM  
Blogger NocturnalRN said...

I knew it would happen for you!!! I really got excited when I just now read your blog--like I really know you or something. And see, it is perfect--close to where you live....I can't wait to hear how everything goes. CONGRATULATIONS!

6:16 AM  
Blogger jeepgirl said...

thank you guys! I was SO excited to tell my blog buddies. I think class starts Dec 3, so leaving the weekend before.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Brooke (CrazyRN) said...

How exciting!! I think being a flight nurse would be so flippin' mind blowing!!

I can't wait to read all about your upcoming journey!

10:54 AM  
Blogger NTICUNurse said...

Yay!!!! for you congrats on the job!!!! I knew it would happen. Can't wait to hear more about it

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow -fantastic news for you!!! I came across your blog a few months ago, its so good I sat down and read the whole thing at once! I came across it as I was about to start a course in nursing and doing some research - your blog helped me sustain the thoughts that I was (am) doing the right thing!
Great news - keep posting - so interested to hear how it goes for you...
Am about to leave the classroom and start my first placement (fingers crossed!)

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home