Thursday, February 28, 2008

Goggles

So I struck out again yesterday. Had a great day checking out the helicopter and counting narcotics at the base. We had a "tour group" of EMT students from a local chemical plant and a reporter from a local paper. The reporter was asking questions (mostly to me) and taking lots of pictures. It should be in the paper today or tomorrow.

One of the cool things about this job, other than flying around in a multi-million dollar aircraft with the best equipment saving lives, is that we are always getting new toys. Most air-medical helicopters are really focusing on safety, and therefore are obtaining night vision goggles (NVG's) for the pilot and crew to wear during night flights. I got some ground school when I went out west to train, but have not had them available for normal use until now. So last night we did go up with goggles so I could get used to wearing them in flight. The batter mounts to the back of my helmet, and the goggles flip down over my eyes (I swear its JUST like in the movies!). I was amazed at all the shit I could see from 1200 feet. The pilot said summer is funny cuz we can see all the people skinny dipping in their backyards!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a summer nighttime skinny dipper (though not in your area, count your blessings) I hereby offer my apologies to any flight crews who have been blinded by my ugly, fat, pasty-white [butt].

11:56 AM  
Blogger NocturnalRN said...

ha! that is so funny. I will have to tell me friend, the nudist, about this one.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home