Tuesday, February 12, 2008

OR Third Time

Unfortunately, following my last post I spent 8 hours in the OR and didn't get a single tube! We joke that "theres no crying in flying" but I was close. I have never in my professional life, had people treat me as if I wasn't even there. That is exactly what happened all day yesterday. I was flat out dreading going back.

So today was better. I was on the women's side and had lots of opportunities. There were some that I should have been able to do, but there were new CRNA's who had to do their own cases. The first was a lady with big ol horse teeth. Try putting a blade in that mouth and not breaking teeth off! I got it, but wth some help. The rest of the day went pretty well. I met up with the head MD who was working on the gyn side. I called him Dr Shrek. He was tall, thick Scottish brogue and sounded exactly like Shrek. He actually looked like him from the second movie. What a charmer! The patients love him and the nurses do as well. He went in with me on another and took what would have been a failed attempt (by me) and talked me through a really good experience.

So the third time truly was the charm. I just want to move on and get to flying.

1 Comments:

Blogger drc said...

I just don't know how you do it. There is so much stress in your life (job) and so much to learn in such a short amount of time. You amaze me. That's why nurses, doctors, firemen and policemen will always be heroes to me.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home