Friday, May 19, 2006

CC

We have a position in the ER called Clinical Coordinator. That person is pretty much in charge of the day to day activities of the ER. There is always one working, they respond to trauma team alerts/codes and they are the person that you call when you call out. Some are better and more understanding than others. My grandmother went into the hospital on Monday. She has a-fib and was having rate control issues. Well, we found out yesterday that she was going to have surgery this morning. I called at noon yesterday to tell the CC that I was going to leave at 5am so I could see her before she went in. I was told on the phone that it wouldn't be a problem. When I got in last night the CC was a different person. I told him what was going on and the response I got was pretty shitty. He said "we'll have to see." Excuse me? No, I don't think you understand. I AM LEAVING at 5am. If something happens to her and you didn't let me leave to go see her then we will have an issue!

So... I left at 5 to go see Nanny. She had her pacer put in and she's doing fine.

So I get to go in at 530 this evening. A friend needed a favor. God I hope she comes back in at 530 Sat morning....but I don't know that she is going to. Had the trauma room last night... no good stories to tell. We had an acute MI come in at 4am. Those are pretty cool if you like cardiac stuff.

Going back to bed now.

Best comment of the night... "I'm not sure if I'm sore from the accident or from my kickboxing class." This was a 60 some year old lady

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home